NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING TECH HEAVY’S Portal 2 GIVEAWAY
1. How to Enter: By participating in the Giveaway, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Tech Heavy reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the giveaway. The decision of Tech Heavy and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: winner will receive one (1) Portal 2 game for PC/Mac. Winner will be notified via Twitter direct message, Facebook message, or e-mail, at Tech Heavy’s discretion, on or about May 8th, 2011.
2. ENTRIES: Entries that Tech Heavy reasonably believes were submitted using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry and entries that Tech Heavy reasonably believes are mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. Entries become the property of Tech Heavy and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address/Facebook Account/Twitter Account. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence at time of entry, unless otherwise stated in the specific Giveaway. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Tech Heavy, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible for the Giveaway.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Tech Heavy of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Tech Heavy reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Tech Heavy, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Tech Heavy within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Tech Heavy and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to hold Tech Heavy, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Giveaway or acceptance or use of the prize. Tech Heavy is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
5. INTERNET: Tech Heavy is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Tech Heavy or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Tech Heavy reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Tech Heavy reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Tech Heavy further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who Tech Heavy reasonably believes has tampered with the entry process. Tech Heavy may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Giveaway if it reasonably believes that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Tech Heavy reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
6. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.